viernes, 25 de noviembre de 2011

IamA person with a very lame Super-Power. AMA

I like to call it "Super-Human Voice recognition."

Told you it was lame..

If I watch any animated movie, I will know who each character is being voiced by. If I hear any voice from my past, I instantly know who it is, no matter how much time has passed with 100% accuracy. I have been wrong once in guessing a voice actor, and still feel shame for it. My ex-girlfriend thought it would be a good idea to offer my services to the police, but I am unsure about that. I think i would rather work for some kind of Independent company with a need for this.

Examples:

  1. I was visiting my father in the hospital after back surgery. I herd a woman talking in another room as I was exiting the hospital. I could not see her, but I looked at my brother and said "That's Miss Cook, hope shes ok." my kindergarten teacher who I haven't spoken to in about 25 years. I didn't even question it. I knew it was her. My brother the next day came to me and said he verified it to be true. I had forgotten about it as I do it all the time. This is when my 28yr old brother became a believer. (hes 4 years older)

  2. I had a good friend who just came back to town from being away at school for 3 years, and gave me a call. As i put the phone to my ear, she gently cleared her throat before speaking. "Erin!" I said. I didn't even know she was out of school, and that was the 3rd time I have recognized someone from them coughing or clearing there throat.

I have many more examples. Ive blown countless peoples minds when I'm able to prove it in person. I just wish there was some kind of test that i could take to prove this online.

Im posting this so I can get ideas on how to put this to good use. This is a call for help.

Edit 1. There is 'proof' posted by birdman58 down there somewhere. He got me to listen to an mp3, and i guessed it right.

Edit 2. Two Voice MP3's recognized now.

Edit 3. Ok, its 1:48am in Vancouver, im off to bed. Please ASK MORE QUESTIONS! I will answer them all (related to this ama) before i get out of bed tomorrow. Ahh the joys of having a 10inch laptop

submitted by Buckman11 to IAmA
[link] [721 comments]



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario